For this assignment, you will be analyzing organizational structure and the influence that this can have on organizational goals.
· Start by defining the terms flat, wide, and tall as it relates to an organization’s structure.
· Provide a real-world example for each type of structure and for each example provided at least one paragraph summarizing why this organization would be categorized as either flat, wide or tall.
· With your understanding of these three types of organizations, how would you approach goal setting in each of these organizations? You should have at least one strategy for each one.
Your paper must include:
· A title page and reference page formatted according to APA
· At least two citations per page.
· A minimum of three outside references
· A minimum of three pages of content formatted according to APA.
The following content is partner provided
A. Gibson, L, Ivancevich, J.M, Donnelly, J.H, Konopaske, R (2012), Organisations: Behaviour, Structure, Processes, 14th Edition, McGraw-Hill, Seoul
B. Johns, G., and Saks, A. M. (2014). Organizational Behaviour: Understanding and Managing Life at Work (9th Edition), Toronto: Prentice Hall
C. Moorhead, G., and Griffin, R. W. (1995). Organizational Behavior: Managing People and Organizations (5th edition). Houghton Mifflin: Boston
D. Mullins, L.J (2007). Management and Organisational Behaviour (8th Edition). Prentice Hall: London.
E. Wagner, J. A. and Hollenbeck, J. R. (2010). Organizational Behavior: Securing Competitive Advantage. Routledge: New York.