Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Before you start this assignment, please read the story entitled Data Breach an All-Too-Often Occurrence. After reviewing the story, conduct research online into the various possibilities for analyzing and approaching the system documentation problems presented, and propose possible solutions. Address the following:
- Discuss the specific recommendations that you would make based on your personal experience and research.
- Discuss the impact (from the perspective of various stakeholders) of the lack of access controls and auditing.
- How can technology be used as an enabler and facilitator of effective access controls and auditing?
- How can you apply the lessons that you learned from the story to your own company problem?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmates’ suggestions for solving the problem?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the suggested techniques for solving the problem?
- What clarification do you need regarding the method for solving the problem?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your problem-solving technique and that of other classmates?