To successfully complete this week’s discussion, you will need to:
- Refer to Chapter 8 in your textbook.
Use the Strayer University Library to conduct research on the benefits and drawbacks of early release of inmates on parole.
- The B.S. in Criminal Justice library guide is a good place to begin your research.
Please respond to the following in a substantive post:
- Explain what parole is.
- Describe the benefits of early release of inmates on parole to the offender, the victim, the prison system, the criminal justice system, and the community.
- Specify the primary factors for the correctional system to use when determining whether an inmate is ready for release and/or parole. What evidence exists to support your recommendation?
Be sure to provide full citations and source list entries, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Please respond substantively to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.
In your response to your classmate, consider questions such as the following:
- What did you learn from reading your classmate’s post that you didn’t know before, or what did your classmate’s post confirm for you?
- What do you find particularly effective about the primary factors your classmate identified to determine whether an inmate is ready for release and/or parole?
- What improvements would you recommend your classmate make to his/her list of primary factors?
- What resource would you recommend to your classmate to increase his/her knowledge of early release and/or parole?