Topic 1: Faith-Based Nursing
Review Healthy People 2030. Identify objectives that are amenable to parish nurse intervention.
- Describe how faith communities can contribute to the accomplishment of these national health objectives and accomplish the goal of improving the health of the public.
- How can nurses working in the community form partnerships with parish nurses and faith communities?
- How would such partnerships be beneficial?
Textbook/ reading: isbn 9780323582247
From your course textbook Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community, read the following chapters:
- The Nurse in Occupational Health
- Forensic Nursing in the Community
- The Nurse in the Faith Community
- Public Health Nursing at Local, State, and National Levels